Peace of Mind Wherever You Call Home
Whether you own your home or rent, we take the time to fully understand your individual needs. One of our property insurance specialists is happy to explain your coverage options and build a comprehensive insurance package.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do I Need to Know About Condominium/Townhouse Insurance?
If you own a townhouse or condo, you have different insurance needs than the typical homeowner insurance policy can provide for you. Not only do you own your individual condo, you also share ownership in the common areas and overall structure of your building. If shared areas need upkeep and maintenance, your association will typically handle the expense through their insurance package. Although your association dues help pay for upkeep of the common areas, they do not typically cover your personal property within your own unit, or your liability if someone is injured on your property.
What Does Condominium/Townhouse Insurance Help Protect Against?
Condo insurance provides protection where condo associations do not. Condo and town house coverage protects your possessions within your unit, including furniture, appliances, kitchen and bath facilities and your personal items. If you plan on upgrading your unit, any improvements you make will also be covered under your policy, including wall units, renovations, and wallpaper.
What Do I Need to Know About Homeowners Insurance?
Owning a home is a major milestone, something many work hard for and take pride in. Protecting you and your property from an array of risk exposures is essential.
While it is impossible to predict future losses, you can minimize the impact of a loss by understanding the basic coverages of a homeowner policy and purchasing the coverage that fits your needs. Contact us today to protect you tomorrow.
What Does the Typical Property Insurance Policy Include?
- Dwelling – coverage that protects your house and attached structures if it is damaged by a covered peril.
- Other Structures – coverage for other structures on the residence premises that are not attached to the dwelling, such as garages, tool sheds, etc.
- Personal Property – protection for the contents of your home and other personal belongings owned by you and other family members who live with you.
- Loss of Use / Additional Living Expenses – This coverage will help with additional living expenses if your home is damaged by a peril insured against to the extent that you cannot live in your home. These expenses include, but are not limited to, housing, meals and warehouse storage.
- Insuring Your Personal Liability – coverage protection in the event you or a resident of your household are legally responsible for injury to others.
- Medical Payments to Others – pays for reasonable medical expenses for persons accidentally injured on your property.
What Do I Need to Know About Renters Insurance?
If you rent your home, whether it is an apartment, house, condo, or duplex, you can protect your space and assets with renters insurance. Renters insurance policies protect you in unfortunate situations where you are effected by fire, theft, water damage, and other circumstances beyond your control.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Renters insurance is very similar to homeowners insurance, it is simply focused on people who rent their home instead of own it. Even if your landlord or property manager has insurance for your home, that does not mean your assets are covered by renters insurance. Your landlord’s policies cover the property as a whole, but your belongings remain your responsibility.
Renters insurance also provides coverage for those who may be injured at your home, or elsewhere, by you, a pet, or a family member. In the event of a law suit, a renters policy will also cover your legal defense fees if you end up in court.
How It Works
We understand that clients have diverse needs. Our strength lies in our ability to consistently provide custom solutions and project management to help guide businesses to make smart insurance decisions. Get covered in just four easy steps!
Let's Talk Property Insurance
Please contact us to learn more about your options.